Business Analytics Major, Isabella Paez shares her experience with Cane2Cane

Isabella Paez is a current University of Miami student in her sophomore year majoring in Business Analytics. She joined the Cane2Cane mentorship platform to learn from others’ experiences and mistakes.

Here is what Isabella shared with us about her Cane2Cane experience.

1. How has C2C impacted your personal, educational, or career journey? Tell us about a connection you’ve made on C2C.

• “I connected once with a woman whose name is Katherine and found myself identified with her. This connection was meaningful for me since she explained how she graduated from the University with a degree in Health Management but found herself working as a Data Analyst. A day in her life as a Data Analyst captivated my attention, and a few months later, I declared my major in Business Analytics. I don’t find myself studying a different major, and today I can say that that was one of my best decisions. I expressed my gratitude to Katherine for helping me with all the questions I prepared for that day. What was supposed to be a one-hour call turned 3 hours, and I had a lot of fun. “

2. What is one piece of advice you would like to offer students interested in seeking mentorship or breaking through the world of networking during these current times?

• “I would advise other students to not be shy and break the ice with people they admire. I’m sure they will get at least something that will stay with them their whole life.”

*This Cane2Cane testimonial and mentorship story was shared by Isabella in October 2021.*

Want to be a mentor or looking for a mentor? Join Cane2Cane today!

By Keashla Marengo
Keashla Marengo Communication & Entertainment