Chris Morgan graduated from the University of Miami with a BSBA degree in May 2014 with a double major in Finance and Accounting. He is now the Vice President & Senior Portfolio Manager at Members Trust Company (MTC) in Tampa, Florida.
As a Cane, Chris actively participates in the Cane2Cane Mentorship platform as an alumnus mentor because he appreciated the various mentors the University connected him with during his time as a student at UM and wanted to give back to the U.
Here is what he shared with us about his Cane2Cane experience.
1. How has C2C impacted your personal, educational, or career journey?
- “C2C has furthered my personal journey by affording me the opportunity to use my skills and experience to give back to the community that has helped to make me successful.”
2. Tell us about your C2C experience.
- “I have had the pleasure of mentoring a high volume of students through C2C since I graduated from UM in May 2014. One meaningful takeaway from my experience with Cane2Cane is that I can help accelerate students’ career trajectories through simple suggestions, such as considering internships during the school year when employers may be less crowded with other interns. I appreciate the students’ time and interest in learning about my experiences in the financial industry.”
3. What is one piece of advice you would like to offer students interested in seeking mentorship or breaking through the world of networking?
- “Students looking to stand out from the crowd to earn competitive internships and full-time offers can show their interest by attending local industry events, such as (for the financial industry) CFA Society Miami or other organizations offering events where industry employees will be networking.”
*This Cane2Cane testimonial and mentorship story was shared by Chris in October 2021.*
Want to be a mentor or looking for a mentor? Join Cane2Cane today!