The Public Health AmeriCorps member will increase their knowledge of public health needs by engaging in various activities related to patient outreach and education, follow-through in care, and patient retention in care.
· Provide patients with preventative health education and interventions
· Increase health equity through social-emotional learning interventions
· Use the Unite Us platform which provides screening for social determinants of health and resource navigation. This will assist with team case management, outreach, and education.
The Public Health AmeriCorps member will assist with building organizational capacity.
· Assist with recruitment of volunteers
· Strengthen the Clinic’s telehealth capabilities and utilization
· Participate in Clinic monthly team meetings
The Public Health AmeriCorps member will contribute to Clinic initiatives and programs.
· Perform and analyze data in order to improve patient care and outcomes for patients with high cholesterol, hypertension, and diabetes
o SMBP program
o Glooko program
o Roadmap and outcome measurement program
· Substance use disorders (SUD)
o Address the worsening opioid crisis and other substance abuse
o Work with the Clinic team to reduce the effects of prescription drugs, opioids, and other substances
o Promote awareness, education, and stigma reduction around SUD recovery in the community and initiate referrals as needed