HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. is a free and charitable clinic that opened in 1994 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization through the result of a needs assessment completed by the Salvation Army in 1993. This assessment identified a lack of affordable health care as one of the major problems of Rock County.
Many of HealthNet’s patients have serious chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and/or asthma. When individuals prolong treatment or choose not to seek care because of the fear associated with incurring debt from medical bills, the community suffers in the loss of productive employees, consumers, parents, and healthy members of the community.
We address these potential issues by providing affordable vision, dental, and other medical services.
The PHA Member at HealthNet will:
- Assist in patient insurance navigation efforts, including enrollment into BadgerCare and other social services.
- Assisting patients with enrollment in patient assistance programs
- Serving as primary contact for volunteers and prospective volunteers
- Lead general volunteer orientations, as well as providing technical assistance with the electronic health records
- Lead volunteer recruitment efforts in the community
- Designated to work on special projects delegated by the Operations Director or the CEO.