Aramark’s Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) Program offers early career talent valuable work experience, mentorship from industry leaders, and professional training across a variety of environments and business areas. As a year-long development and training program designed for recent college graduates, A2L provides you with the resources you need to unleash your full potential and launch an accelerated career path at Aramark.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles within Aramark while participating in structured program activities and developmental exercises tailored to each candidate’s career track. For the thousands of students and recent grads that call Aramark home, we provide a place to grow, advance, and impact lives across a variety of exciting industries and locations.
Aramark’s A2L Program is committed to fostering communities rooted in service, inclusion, and shared prosperity, empowering all individuals to make an impact.
Hospitality & Facilities Management Career Track: What do a best-in-class hotel, electrifying concert arena, life-saving hospital, and leading university have in common? They all rely on efficient operations, maintenance, sophisticated engineering, spirited hospitality, and a hardworking staff to succeed. At Aramark, we take pride in keeping our facilities clean, safe, and running seamlessly, and we’re passionate about creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and clients. The Hospitality & Facilities Career Track allows you to gain an in-depth perspective of running and maintaining facilities and operations at a location that excites you.
Hotel Lodging Supervisors are responsible for supervising the cleaning of assigned lodge rooms, linens, hallways, carpets and other designated amenities and areas in accordance with the highest cleanliness standards to ensure customer satisfaction. Hotel Lodging Supervisors are also required to ensure that all daily housekeeping procedures and policies are followed. Hotel Lodging Supervisors may be required to perform administrative and housekeeper duties when necessary.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assists the Housekeeping Manager with daily duties
- Ensures that all employees (housekeepers, housemen, linen attendants, and general resort workers) report to duty punctually, well-groomed, and in proper attire
- Assists in the development and implementation of schedules, duties, apparel, appearance, and conduct of all housekeeping staff
- Assists in the training of all ARAMARK, NPS, and OSHA policies and procedures pertaining to employment, safety, and sanitation
- Ensures the establishment of effective and responsible guest relations and administers lost and found policy and procedure to ensure that all items are turned in daily and logged.
- Works closely with the maintenance department to insure that all repairs are done and cleaned before the guest arrives
- Directs the control of linen counts and handling, and maintains an inventory of rooms
- Orders and distributes all supplies and equipment, controlling costs
- Responsible for the motivation of housekeeping staff and ensuring the efficient use of staff to maximize productivity
- Ensures that all work areas are neat, clean, and organized and performs such other duties as required or directed
- Responsible for ensuring that employee housing is cleaned twice each week
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
What’s in It for You
- Exposure to a fast-paced, professional, and encouraging culture at the heart of culinary innovation
- A chance to work with industry leaders at a Fortune 200 company
- High level of access to supervisors, mentors, and significant feedback throughout the program
- Becoming part of an international team with a heightened focus on service, hospitality, inclusion, and sustainability
- Cross-functional collaboration and experience across teams and departments
- A premiere post-graduate program designed to place you on a fast track towards a managerial role, while developing you to become a future leader at Aramark
- Special discounted prices at exclusive Aramark properties and access to numerous other discounts at participating retailers
- Full benefit bundle, including: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account, Life & Accident Insurance, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Holidays & Paid Time Off, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and Commuter Connection
What Makes You Right For This Role
- Bachelor’s Degree required. (Must graduate between December 2020 – December 2021 to be eligible for the 2022 A2L Program)
- The start date for this position is April 2022.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future.
- Housekeeping experience required
- Supervisory experience required
- Working knowledge of various cleaning utensils, dryers, washers, tools and fixtures, and cleaning solutions
- Knowledge of MSDS on cleaning solutions in use
- Ability to lift 50 pounds