Aramark’s Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) Program offers early career talent valuable work experience, mentorship from industry leaders, and professional training across a variety of environments and business areas. As a year-long development and training program designed for recent college graduates, A2L provides you with the resources you need to unleash your full potential and launch an accelerated career path at Aramark.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles within Aramark while participating in structured program activities and developmental exercises tailored to each candidate’s career track. For the thousands of students and recent grads that call Aramark home, we provide a place to grow, advance, and impact lives across a variety of exciting industries and locations.
Aramark’s A2L Program is committed to fostering communities rooted in service, inclusion, and shared prosperity, empowering all individuals to make an impact.
What’s in It for You
- Exposure to a fast-paced, professional, and encouraging culture at the heart of culinary innovation
- A chance to work with industry leaders at a Fortune 200 company
- High level of access to supervisors, mentors, and significant feedback throughout the program
- Becoming part of an international team with a heightened focus on service, hospitality, inclusion, and sustainability
- Cross-functional collaboration and experience across teams and departments
- A premiere post-graduate program designed to place you on a fast track towards a managerial role, while developing you to become a future leader at Aramark
- Special discounted prices at exclusive Aramark properties and access to numerous other discounts at participating retailers
- Full benefit bundle, including: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account, Life & Accident Insurance, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Holidays & Paid Time Off, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and Commuter Connection
Hospitality & Facilities Career Track
What do a best-in-class hotel, electrifying concert arena, life-saving hospital, and leading university have in common? They all rely on efficient operations, maintenance, sophisticated engineering, spirited hospitality, and a hardworking staff to succeed. At Aramark, we take pride in keeping our facilities clean, safe, and running seamlessly, and we’re passionate about creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and clients. The Hospitality & Facilities Career Track allows you to gain an in-depth perspective of running and maintaining facilities and operations at a location that excites you.
This position is hiring for an April or May start, so December 2020- December 2021 graduates are preferred. However, we can still consider May 2022 graduates.
This position will transition between each different shift during the program. The schedule for this position will vary based on business need, with weekend and holiday work.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
• Direct daily activities.
• Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and
• Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
• Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and
appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
• Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to departmental policies and procedures.
• May prepare orders as needed per vendor to ensure accurate production for location.
• Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective program.
• Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
• Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
• Train/mentor other food service workers.
• Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the food service department.
• Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
• Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
• Proficiency in multi-tasking.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director whenever his/her skill and/or experience would
be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
• Must fill in for absent employees at location as necessary.
• Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
• Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered events.
• Attend food service meetings with staff.
• Maintain communication with staff (including the central office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
• May perform cashier duties as required.
• Promote good public relations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
• Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year as a lead
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic
• Maintain emotional control under stress
• Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
• Strong organizational skills
What Makes You Right for This Role
- Bachelor’s Degree required. (Must graduate between December 2020 – August 2022 to be eligible for the 2022 A2L Program)
- There are two start dates for the 2022 Program: April and July. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- Dynamic working skills to handle change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / willingness to relocate according to program or business needs.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future.