Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We’re looking for the new dreamers and doers to join our Step Up to Leadership (S2L) Internship Program! This internship program targets motivated college underclassmen and rising seniors currently enrolled in a 4 year university, who are eager to gain business and leadership experience. The S2L program is designed to provide the tools & resources you’ll need to successfully learn our business and position yourself to be considered for our full-time leadership development program, post-graduation. For more about our Early Talent Programs, click here.
Opportunities within the S2L program are focused in seven Career Tracks within our business and provide key milestone experiences specific to each Career Track. These milestones are standardized nationally across all lines of business.
The S2L Program also offers a series professional development trainings to supplement the learning that occurs through structured account experiences, and on-the-job learning. S2L interns can expect:
- A paid 10-12 week experience
- Career readiness training & coaching
- Direct engagement with peers, mentors & managers
- Professional network & personal brand development
- Structured career path conversations and learnings in preparation for potential full-time program placement.
Hospitality & Facilities Management Career Track: As an S2L participant within this career track, you will start in a leadership role within one of our food service, lodging, facilities, or concessions operations in a specific Aramark location. This career track will be focused on bringing a flawless customer experience to life by responding effectively to changing client demands. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and leading unit personnel with production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor scheduling, staffing, employee training and ensuring an exceptional customer experience. You will also perform other functions as required.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Routinely assists grounds foreman and exercises functional supervision when needed.
- May involve training other team members, leading non-routine projects, etc…
- Maintains a catalogue of all plantings and pesticides on campus.
- Maintains expertise through continuing education and professional affiliations.
- Analyzes campus landscapes to determine culture needed to maintain and correct problems at the site. This includes recommending plantings and specific placement.
- Uses technology to design new landscape areas and revise existing landscape.
- Coordinates large landscape projects ensuring materials, labor and equipment are available and on-site as scheduled.
- Work with, and supervises, the work of outside contractors to ensure work is performed, as specified, within the contract and pricing terms.
- Recommends, develops, procures and implements fertilizer programs for campus landscapes. Includes identifying & treating plant disease, insect concerns and other maladies that affect plants, grass, trees and shrubs.
- Maintains gardens and plantings by pruning, spraying, fertilizing and cultivating.
- Daily use of technology; including internet browsing, e-mail, landscape design software and utilization of web-based work order/project management system.
*Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
What Makes You Right for This Role
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program at a college or university – All majors welcomed; Eligible candidates must be graduating in or after August 2022.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must work well in both team and individualized tasks.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Budget responsibilities or inventory management experience a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future.
- *NOTE – Aramark does not offer housing with the exception of our remote leisure locations.
What’s in It for You
- Exposure to a fast-paced, professional, and encouraging culture at the heart of culinary innovation
- A chance to work and network with industry leaders at a Fortune 200 company
- High level of access to supervisors, mentors, and significant feedback throughout the program
- Becoming part of an international team with a heightened focus on service, hospitality, inclusion, and sustainability
- Cross-functional collaboration and experience across teams and departments
- A premiere internship program designed to develop the future leaders of Aramark and competitively position you for employment post-graduation