In order to be considered for this position, please apply on the company website: https://bit.ly/2QSlz6i
“This position can qualify for school credit per approval from the respective institution. Interns may also receive program or course credit for this experience if approved by their educational institution. This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.”
The Assuaged Foundation is a national, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, headquartered in Green Valley Lake, California. Our visionary vegan plant-based organization dedicated to promoting healthier lifestyles is seeking a talented individual like you to join our team as a REMOTE Public Health Director for Vegan Plant-Based Organization.
At Assuaged Foundation, we are committed to empowering individuals to live healthier lives and achieve longevity. Our mission is to bridge the gap between healthcare and self-care. As a disabled veteran-owned organic plant-based non-profit organization, we are at the forefront of promoting public health and well-being.
Our driving mission is to help people make health-conscious choices following health-psychology and nutritional counseling principles to identify and improve health behavior.
Our goal is to advance the nation’s Public Health system to combat the global burden of chronic disease.
We define activism as an act of standing for unity. Assuaged continuously creates valuable content, community service projects, and awareness events to evoke and support public health change. We envision an all-inclusive world where we prioritize collective care and optimal well-being for everyone.
We work toward creating a financially sustainable model of higher education that considers the interests of our students and stakeholders.
Position title: Public Health Director
Type: Educational Internship (5-15 hours per week)
Division: Public Health and Communications
Reports to: CFO
Location: REMOTE AND ONLINE
The Public Health Director will oversee departmental operations to meet public health service requirements and the needs of the medically indigent.
Student recruitment. training, and overseeing the organization chart will be a key focus in this role using advanced software suites utilized by multi-billion dollar empires such as: Slack, Hubspot, Monday, G-Suite, and Clockify.
Educational Requirements: 2-4 years of college education
JOB DUTIES AND ROLE (MUST BE WILLING TO LEARN):
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of professional, technical, and administrative staff engaged in delivering health services via policy proposals, live discussions, podcast schedules, SEO blogs, landing pages, newsletters, and social media.
- Formulates and administers comprehensive public health programs based on needs and available resources. Makes recommendations to and consults with the board of supervisors on general policies and procedures, goals, proposals, and methods of service delivery for public health and clinical care programs.
- Determines the types and levels of services to be provided and the standards by which delivery will be evaluated; directs the preparation of annual budgets, health care plans, and funding applications; monitors and evaluates delivery, performance, and expenditures.
- Disseminates, interprets, and implements policies, laws, and regulations of state/federal directives regarding medical and public health issues to physicians, department staff, and representatives of hospitals, nursing homes, medical clinics, and schools.
- Develops positions on legislation and advocates virtually before state and federal agencies and community groups.
- Consults and coordinate with federal and state health officials and representatives of local public and private health agencies in enforcing health laws and developing programs to meet public health needs.
- Directs searches for new funding sources and oversees grant application preparation and negotiation; coordinates public healthcare activities with related services provided by other county departments, including social services, mental health, and environmental health.
- Makes public presentations and meets privately with physicians and administrators of health and social service agencies. Secures and maintains community support for public health programs.
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (OR BE WILLING TO LEARN):
- Knowledge of the principles and practices and interagency responsibilities in contemporary public health.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing the services and work of local public health programs.
- Knowledge of the organization and the purpose of federal and state health departments.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of managing physicians, other medical professionals, and other managers; effective public and community relations practices.
- Knowledge of public information practices and techniques, practices of health service advocacy, principles and practices of determining and serving community health needs.
- Knowledge of fiscal management, budget administration and control, program budgeting, principles and practices of personnel, and information systems organizational management.
Learn more about the company at https://www.assuaged.com/internships