Corporate Audit Analyst Program Overview
Corporate Audit is responsible for providing an independent assessment of whether controlling processes within Bank of America are adequately designed and functioning effectively to mitigate potential risks.
Corporate Audit maintains independence and objectivity by reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Corporate Audit teammates cover all areas of the corporation, performing validation of the company’s risk management activities through testing of key processes and controls across the company.
Management and the Audit Committee are provided with regular reporting of Bank of America’s risk management systems and internal controls. Additionally, Corporate Audit provides risk-based advice and counsel to management to help develop and maintain an appropriate customer-focused risk management culture that supports the Corporation’s business objectives.
Intern Program Overview
The Corporate Audit Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week summer internship that introduces you to Bank of America and Corporate Audit. Our goal for summer interns is to have the opportunity to build upon their academic foundation – specifically technical skills, industry knowledge and familiarity with a corporate environment – while pursuing their career based on their interests and background.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, events, and mentorship throughout. These opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Bank-provided trainings focused on Mechanics of the Bank, Data Literacy, Executive Ready Presentations and more
- Intern Mentorship Program
- Enterprise Executive Speaker Series
- Diversity & Inclusion Employee Networks – LEAD for Women, Black Professional Group, LGBT+ Pride, and more
- Continuous Educational Speakers and Events
- Networking Events
- Community Service Opportunities
A Day in the Life
Corporate Audit internships provide exposure to internal auditing, access to senior leaders and comprehensive training to support your development. As a summer intern, you will establish meaningful relationships, participate in philanthropic volunteer activities and explore the auditing profession.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Develop a core skills focused on audit practices, methodology and business expertise
- Management of specialized projects and processes related to the audit plan and risk management
- Consult and advise business leaders on risk and control infrastructure
- Obtain state of the art technology skills using automation
- Promoting a culture across the company where risk management is embraced as vital to achieving responsible growth
Corporate Audit Opportunities
The Corporate Audit Summer Analyst Program assigns interns to teams across all areas of the bank including the eight lines of business and corporate functions. Internship opportunities include positions supporting various business groups, such as the below:
o Global Banking and Markets
o Preferred and Small Business Banking
o Global Commercial Banking
o US Trust
o Business Banking
o Global Corporate and Investment Banking
o Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
o Retail Banking and Distribution
- Candidates are required to be pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. Eligible candidates must have a graduation timeframe between December 2023 and June 2024.
- Common areas of study include but are not limited to:
o Data Analytics
o Management Information Systems
o Computer Science
o Business Administration
o Mathematics minmum GPA preferred
- Candidates should possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, a drive for operational excellence and a commitment to achieving sustainable results.
- Additionally, students should hold strong academic and technical skills in Microsoft Office as well as show proficiencies in leadership, teamwork, problem solving and analytical skills, verbal and written communication and professionalism.
- Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
- Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.