ESTIMATOR – FOUNDATION DIVISION
Brayman Construction Corporation in Saxonburg, PA is looking to hire an Estimator in our Foundation Division to join our growing team! Are you passionate about construction and estimating? Would you like to join an established company that truly respects and values you?
This position earns a competitive salary, and we provide terrific benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, HSA, paid time off (PTO), and 9 paid company holidays. There is also the well-stocked cafeteria, the fully-equipped on-site gym, and unlimited free coffee!
We are a leading heavy civil and geotechnical contractor with office headquarters in suburban Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a satellite office in Wytheville, Virginia and various project field offices in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions. Incorporated in 1947 as a family-owned business, we have diversified and evolved our construction services from a small bridge and concrete company. Today, we are a large, nationally recognized provider of complex, heavy civil and geotechnical construction projects servicing both public and private sector clients. Brayman Construction has expertise in a wide variety of projects including large scale complex bridges, deep foundations, marine and dam construction and rehabilitation, complex and heavy steel erection and rehabilitation, and demolition services.
We have a long-standing tradition of providing exceptional training for our workforce. We’re proud to offer many vibrant career opportunities and welcome all candidates who have an affinity for serving their community and proactively seeking new opportunities. We love to promote from within!
The responsibility of the Foundation Division Estimator is to use their understanding of foundation construction to organize the bid items and activities, complete accurate quantity take-offs, and develop pricing in coordination with the techniques, methods and standard practices of the industry. There will be daily interaction with estimating management, project operations and other member of the estimating staff to prioritize and meet estimating schedule requirements.
Essential Skills and Job Duties:
- Excellent organizational skills, proficient at recognizing, preparing and presenting relevant bid package information for project estimate review
- Quantify the components of a project by utilizing available take off tools (electronic digitizers, AutoCAD, pre-formulated spreadsheets)
- Accurate understanding of project plans, specifications and geotechnical reports to interpret project scope of work
- Maintain cost keys and pricing data base by products and geographic locations.
- Work with estimating team bidding the project to build the estimate and price assigned items of work utilizing company electronic estimating system
- Solicits and obtains timely quotes from vendors and subcontractors for materials and services that meet project specification requirements
- Reviews scopes and qualifications of vendor and subcontractor quotes and provide evaluation and summary of pricing
- HCSS estimating system experience is preferred
- Strong ability to prioritize estimating tasks and workflow to meet estimate review schedules and bid dates
- Experience with foundation Design-Build projects and foundation design parameters a plus
- Visit the project site to understand site conditions/restrictions/attend Pre-bid Meetings
- Develop preliminary construction schedules base on the project information provided in the plans and specifications
- Experience in scheduling and P6 scheduling software is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- 4-year BS Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar is required
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in Project Management/Estimating
- Experience in the Foundation Construction Field (such as but not limited to caissons, micropiles, anchors, tiebacks, soil nails, grouting, underpinning, soil mixing, shoring, earth retention, etc.)
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today using our 5-minute, mobile-friendly application!
This is a Safety Sensitive Position requiring work on project sites, including federal projects. This position may require working at heights, around heavy equipment, and under constantly changing circumstances. This position will be subject to more stringent drug testing and compliance policies associated with our status as a Federal Contractor.
EOE: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.