Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach, and work for justice.
St. Elizabeth Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center is currently seeking a Registered Nurse who will be responsible and accountable for the effective overall management of clinical services and for providing quality nursing care to all elders.
The Neighborhoods at St. Elizabeth provides a comprehensive array of individualized rehab and nursing services to seniors in the Baltimore area. Our nurses are responsible for providing quality nursing care to all residents. Primary responsibilities include administering direct nursing care to our residents, administration of medications, and performing Clinical Assessments.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilizes nursing process prioritizing care in decision-making when identifying problems and implementing activities related to elder care.
• Maintains necessary elder care documentation per policies and procedures and as required by State and Federal regulations.
• Follows and reviews nursing care plans for individual elders on an on-going basis.
• Administers direct nursing care to selected elders to maintain clinical competence and/or to assess nursing care requirements of a particular elder.
• Works collaboratively with staff, peers and other health care professionals to ensure effective clinical management of elder care and practices
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate from a State approved school of nursing. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland. Must be CPR certified.
- Must possess clinical experience in long-term care and the Dementia population. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty- (50) lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthesis that will enable these senses to function.
- Obtains annual PPD and meets other regulatory requirements.
Catholic Charities has a COVID Mandated Vaccination policy for all employees, which includes an exemption process.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees including but not limited to:
- Vacation/sick/holiday pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of a trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing, and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer