The Compliance Officer II, CMS is responsible for ensuring the Bank establishes all required compliance responsibilities in a manner that is incorporated in internal policies and procedures of applicable business processes. In addition, responsible for the Company’s complaint management program, including identification, validation, and timely resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Remain current with the changes to state and federal banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the bank.
2. Coordinate with operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services offerings of the bank.
3. Coordinate and offers support to the bank’s training department through recommendations concerning compliance training, as they relate to the various compliance reviews performed at the bank.
4. Provide senior management with information to accurately determine the bank’s extent of compliance.
5. Prepare reports to management on training, regulatory change, and other ongoing compliance related activities in the department. This duty is performed as needed.
6. Ability to organize schedules, tasks, reports, risk assessments and other compliance related material.
7. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
8. Complete required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
9. Maintain confidentiality on all Audit & Risk Committee files, records, work papers, minutes,etc.
10. Schedule meetings with the operating units and managers, as necessary, to provide information on compliance changes that affect their respective areas.
11. Effectively manage the Bank’s consumer complaint program, ensuring all complaints are properly researched, analyzed, tracked, reported, and responded to in a timely manner.
12. Obtain continuing education related to job duties as necessary.
13. Develop and manage strong working relationships with business units.
14. Assist with Compliance Risk Assessments of business units and programs.
15. Provide expert regulatory advice, challenge and oversight on compliance matters to business units.
16. Serve as compliance representative and advisor for assigned new business initiative and special projects.
17. Communicate a comprehensive view of regulatory risk to lines of businesses.
18. Assist in the planning and due diligence phases of the Company’s various acquisition projects.
19. Maintain the Bank’s inventory of policies and procedures, identifying all applicable laws and regulations contained within.
20. Assists business units with periodic updates of Bank policies and procedures.
21. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 1 to 6 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Previous compliance experience at a financial institution required.
Previous experience with FIS Bankway Banking Solutions preferred.
Working knowledge with DecisionPro and Encompass Analytics preferred.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to work under stringent time constraints.
Ability to function in a team environment.