Cornerstone Capital Holdings (“CCH”) (www.cstonecapital.com) is an independent holding company/investment firm with locations in Fort Worth and Philadelphia. Today, CCH’s portfolio comprises of five companies generating approximately $160 million in annual revenues – with a particular emphasis on the aerospace/defense/space/military markets as well as a focus on corporate divestitures.
CCH is seeking an Associate to focus on sourcing new corporate divestiture acquisition opportunities. These businesses are typically smaller divisions within very large corporations (usually the Fortune 2000) that tend to be overlooked by traditional private equity firms. CCH seeks to acquire these corporate divisions and help them achieve their full potential as independent businesses.
If you are a bright, energetic young professional who wants to talk to hundreds of M&A/Corporate development managers and division Presidents, learn private equity analysis and processes, and build sales skills, then this opportunity could be a good match for you.
Key Responsibilities Deal Origination
· Outbound calls (85% of time) to C-level executives, M&A and Corporate Development personnel at Fortune 2000 companies and subsequent conversations to advance the right deals;
· Develop and update Salesforce.com database to track and monitor sales activity;
· Preliminary valuations and due diligence;
· Develop and advance business relationships;
· Basic market research to understand the industry segment and whether it matches with CCH criteria;
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits and characteristics:
· Good interpersonal skills;
· Enthusiastic, personable, positive attitude, and high integrity;
· Indefatigable / persistent, pro-active, self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision
· Outgoing and competitive, with a passion for exploring a variety of businesses and industries;
· Intellectual curiosity;
· Familiarity with Salesforce.com;
· Efficient time management skills and well organized;
· Excellent written and verbal English skills;
· Independence and ability to work successfully in a partial virtual environment;
· Finance experience is a plus, but not a requirement, as this role is an excellent way to learn;
· Business development experience is a plus but all candidates must be willing to make calls to succeed;
· The position will allow an individual with exceptional people and communication skills, as well as a strong financial & analytical foundation, to further develop business development judgment, deal structuring, and client-facing skills;
· Strong work ethic and interest in learning about private equity;
· Ability to build trust and support with senior executives.
· Bachelor’s degree;
· 1-3 years’ experience in lower-middle market investment banking and/or private equity firms on the Business Development side preferred, but not required;
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary + performance bonus