Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of CRH, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Mining Engineer: As a member of the aggregate production team, this position will be responsible for monitoring aggregate production and planning, including surveying, developing extraction methods, managing capital projects, and assisting in labor/equipment planning. This position will be based out of Maine.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
- Working with management in facilitating surveys, plans and development around our aggregate production operations to maintain the OMG Mine Planning Tracking Sheet.
- Collaborates and conducts with others geographical exploration by reviewing maps and drilling logs to determine location, size, accessibility, and estimated volumes of deposits.
- Works with aggregate production to develop methods to extract material, evaluating factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics and overburden depth.
- Assists in laying out and directing mine construction operations, such as location and development of ramps and positioning of mining area, access roads etc.
- Assists in drill and blast surveying and report development while working directly with drill and blast vendors to ensure they are operating efficiently.
- Assists in analyzing throughput costs, analyzing plant flow, and determining cycle time opportunities in the load/haul fleet.
- Assists in analyzing and determining labor requirements, equipment needs, and operational costs for annual budget preparation and reporting.
- Assists in determining long-range planning designs and data to determine proof of financial justification.
- Will work with the team to ensure company compliance with mandated safety and environmental policies on all mining/material production practices.
- Will work with company management and State and Federal agencies to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and respond accordingly.
- Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to Pike policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Pike Industries, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.