DLZ Corporation is looking for motivated hard-working Entry Level Civil Engineers to join our team in Waterford, MI!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering, construction, and design assignments, requiring a solid grasp of at least one engineering discipline and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Typically given projects of minor complexity; may have leadership responsibility for less experienced staff.
- Perform work under close supervision and provide support to more experienced personnel.
- Perform field testing of soils, concrete, observation testing of water, sewer mains, and manholes.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of all construction project activities and quantities.
- Perform analyses and design required for minor structures, systems and equipment items.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams for use by technicians. Review and check detailed drawings and layouts.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, economic and technical feasibility studies, and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, materials or engineering methods.
- Assist in the preparation of contract / proposals specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Review Contractor’s shop drawing submittal.
- Perform construction monitoring and coordinate field activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 1 – 4 years’ relevant experience in Civil Engineering, site design, construction, and/or construction inspection
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification, or the ability to obtain within one (1) year
- Experience with soils and concrete field testing a plus.
- AutoCAD and MicroStation experience preferred.
- ArcView / ArcMap experience desired
- Design of water and sewer utilities a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements