For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Data Modeler shall support the Air Force SEEK EAGLE office by designing, implementing, and documenting data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases. These solutions support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other business interests. The work performed will be in direct support to the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Program. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills accustomed to data governance processes.
Must be able to work directly with contractor and Government personnel in a mixed badge environment to support Air Force SEEK EAGLE mission.
What you’ll do all day:
- Implement business and IT data requirements through data strategies and designs across all data platforms and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics, and machine learning)
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models
- Evaluating existing data systems
- Work with the development team to create conceptual data models and data flows
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system
- Reviewing modifications of existing systems for cross-compatibility
- Implementing data strategies and developing physical data models
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
- 3 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in computer/data science, or related field
- Experience with data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
- Experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi- data-center contexts
- Knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Very good attention to detail and a candidate who takes ownership and pride in all work
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Security clearance, or ability to obtain a security clearance
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Current security clearance is desired
- Experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-data- center contexts
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.