GES is looking for a Environmental Scientist/Geologist or Engineer. This position will be Part-time to Full-time position located in Blacksburg, VA.
- Assists in the development of project specific data management, analysis, and reporting needs.
- Performs statistical analyses and tests such as: Mann-Kendall, Kruskal-Wallis, Non Parametric Interval Tests, Parametric Interval Tests, Poisson Prediction Limit Tests, The Shapiro-Wilk Test for Normality.
- Develops contour maps figures and other report deliverables.
- Handles data compilation/gathering/management, executes query and performs analysis techniques to support projects.
- Helps prepare draft plans/technical reports including: tables, metadata, and figures.
- Ensures standards of data and accuracy are met for each project.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in GIS, Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or related field.
- Experience within the environmental consulting industry is a major plus.
- Must be proficient at technical writing.
- Understanding of hydrogeological principals and processes of groundwater flow.
- Understanding of LNAPL and groundwater chemistry is a plus.
- Familiarity with groundwater and soil sample processing.
- Environmental modeling experience and a solid understanding of modeling principles. Familiarity with MODFLOW, GMS and/or Groundwater Vistas.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe. Experience with database management (i.e. Microsoft Access)
- Understanding of coordinate systems, CAD and GIS, use of statistically based contouring software (i.e. Surfer), and the ability to troubleshoot technology,
- Must be a self-directed, problem solver capable of successfully managing competing priorities.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) requires that each candidate for employment must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) with a vaccine approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, as well as show proof of vaccination if hired. All GES job offers are contingent upon providing proof of vaccination by the first day of employment.