SUMMER SCHOOL COUNSELOR
Counselors at ISSOS work as a team to look after the welfare of up to 160 students aged 13-18 years old. They also help to organise and run the sporting activities and our varied evening program. Individually, each counselor is in charge of their own group of up to 15 students. Counselors act as positive role models and are the first point of contact for our students, who come to us from over 80 countries around the world.
All of our summer roles are fully residential, and in addition to accommodation we also provide all meals for the duration of the programme and fixed payment of $2200
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Looking after the welfare of our students
- Helping your group to bond and being their first point of contact
- Running and taking part in the evening program and sporting activities
- Running and supervising the cultural trips included in the program
- Making sure our students are happy and safe at all times
- Being a positive role model
Applying for this position at our Yale campus means you can also couple it with our Student Leadership Internship, which offers a host of benefits while having an incredible summer experience. Prior to starting you will speak with our Recruitment Director who will help design your personal internship program, setting clear learning objectives and goals and ensuring you have the opportunity to explore the areas of the business which interest you.
WHAT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Previous experience working with young people is preferred
- Interests in sport, music, theatre, dance and other hobbies would be advantageous
- You must be fluent in English
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Wants to have a positive impact on young people
- Is fun in nature and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Works well in a team and has a flexible attitude
- Stays calm under pressure
- Has clear and effective communication skills
- Is enthusiastic with the ability to self-motivate and use their initiative
WHO CAN APPLY?
To apply for our roles you must either be a US citizen, or already have the legal right to work in the USA. We can sponsor a limited number of visas for the USA but these are normally used by our returning staff members.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
- All of our staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- We provide full bed and board for you at our campuses, plus fixed payment
- This role is available in Yale, CT
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT?
This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone looking to gain more experience working with young people. You will improve your leadership and teamwork skills at the same time as having a fantastic summer experience of your own. No two days at ISSOS are the same and we are really proud of the fact that our staff team have as much fun during the summer as our students do.
WHEN AND WHERE WE NEED YOU:
Yale: 12th July – 7th August 2023