Pre-College Programs is looking for undergraduate students who are passionate about working with diverse, minority students. Primary responsibilities will be held in person or virtually. Student tutors are responsible for providing guidance to precollege students by tutoring in local high schools and facilitating group campus tours and events.
- Student tutors will assist in our College Day program by giving campus tours for schools (in-person), facilitating ice breakers (virtual tours/in-person), and participating in student panels (virtual/in-person)
- Student mentors will serve as a tutor, in -person at Pontiac High School
- In a virtual setting, student tutors will facilitate virtual workshops for a virtual camp.
- Student tutors will assist with the Wade H. McCree Incentive Scholarship Program by assisting with orientation (virtual/in-person), the SAT Prep Program (in-person/virtual), and providing mentorship to high school students.
- Pre-College Programs host residential programs in the summer months (May to August) of the year. Student tutors will assist with the facilitation of the camps by working overnight shifts, facilitating workshops, delivering campus tours, and other duties as needed.
- Other duties will be assigned.
- Must have a minimum of a 2.75 GPA for Tutoring
- Must attend OU for one full semester prior to employment
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must model behaviors that result in establishing and maintaining a positive, respectful tutor/ mentor relationship with participants
- Must have the ability to work up to 25 hours a week (we will work around your schedule)
- Must attend all mandatory mentor trainings held once a month
- Must volunteer for the annual Clinton River Water Festival Program in the Spring