Ocean Spray’s Sales Team is looking for an experienced Sales Analyst!
Position location: Remote flexibility
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Support the customer team and Sales Director by providing business analysis and opportunities around the 4 P’s: Pricing, Promotion, Product and Placement
- Help Provide visibility, suggestions/ideas, and recommendations to ensure the team, Ocean Spray and the customer meets its objectives of growing sales and profitability
- Responsible for reports, analysis and insights to the sales management based on analysis of business results, competitive data, and future opportunities
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for information specific to Ocean Spray from customers, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information
- Collaborates with the appropriate technical resources in Legal, R&D, Quality, Accounting, HR and Treasury necessary to resolve customer questions and concerns and is the contact person for all customer information requests regarding Insurance Policies, Contracts and Acceptance Certificates, Letts of Continuing Guarantee, Hold Harmless agreements, Quality Specs and R&D Specs
- Design and develop Ocean Spray’s product knowledge database through the collection and compiling of customer data
- Serve as a liaison between all OSC departments on customer information relates matters
- Responsible for building a data governance system
- Assist in the communication to field sales through posting of all reports, policies, etc. on the Sales Web Site- to include price list, sku rat letters, review new item launch decks, issue the weekly sales communication. Support sales representatives in areas such as product catalog, assist with order issues and broker payments.
- Assist in sales systems maintenance to include assigning the AOR on all new ship-tos, system security to STARS/TMS/Sales Website/Samples and oversee vendors that support Field Sales (Kwikee, CFS, ItemMaster). Maintain all vendor back-up on the P-Drive
- Conduct system maintenance for all classes of trade (realignments for Re-Orgs) to include tracking quota changes and changing master records for customer accounts. Develop competence by performing work assignments with IT and Sales Operations Manager.
- Pepsi contract administrator: invoice the fixed fee and supply premium. Issue the annual inflation letter and report on all quarterly marketing invoices.
- Help manage the Data sync process for OSC, manage difficult item hierarchies and manage all product nutrition data
- Approve all new item MRFs and ensure pricing and bottle bill data is accurate
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a Sales-related setting
- Experience influencing the design of processes/programs/projects
- Sets priorities independently with some input from Manager/Higher level
- Solves moderately complex problems in area of expertise
Who We Are:
You might have our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday debate about what’s better – canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are 700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team members, farmers, consumers and communities alike–we value what makes us unique and strive to connect our farms to families for a better life by living our values:
- Grower Mindset – We embrace our grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence, learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results – Guided by purpose, we are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All – We are ethical, doing the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each other
- Inclusive Teamwork – We build diverse and inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.