Would you like to learn about Philotimo’s Pre-Med and med Shadowing Programs in Greece?
Our clinical programs follow AAMC & BMA guidelines for pre-health experiences abroad, with various medical specialties to choose from. Our organization is affiliated with the University of Thessaly and the University Hospital of Larissa to support showing experiences that meet or exceed the necessary hours required by universities. You will also have ample opportunity to enjoy the beauty and culture of Greece while in the program.
Philotimo Med Abroad believes in the power of cultural exchange as an integral part of your educational journey. Our programs incorporate immersive activities that allow you to engage with local communities, and experience their customs, traditions, and healthcare challenges. By embracing diverse cultures, you gain a broader perspective on healthcare, develop cross-cultural competencies, and enhance your ability to provide patient-centered care in a multicultural world.
Personal & Professional Growth
Our shadowing programs are not just about observing medical procedures; they are transformative experiences that foster personal and professional growth. By stepping out of your comfort zone, you will gain valuable skills such as adaptability, resilience, and cultural sensitivity. Engaging with healthcare professionals, interacting with patients, and navigating unfamiliar environments will enhance your communication skills, teamwork, and leadership abilities.
Department of Anesthesia
ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
Internal Medicine Clinic
Laboratory of Nuclear Medicine
Oncology – Hematology Clinic
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic
WHY ENROLL IN A SHADOWING PROGRAM?
1. To participate in a rich and immersive learning experience
2. Acquire knowledge of a new international health system
3. Strengthen clinical applications or your CV with global shadowing
4. Work with Greek experts, professionals, and peers
5. Test your interest or capacity in medicine and/or your specialty
6. Shadow by observing faculty mentors in a real-life setting
7. Complete clinical requirements through shadowing 20 or more hours weekly
8. Build multicultural confidence and competencies
9. Develop your leadership skills in a team environment
10. Obtain a certificate with letters of recommendation
Reach out to learn more about enrolling in Shadowing Internships for the Spring/ Summer 2024.
- Daily breakfast at 7:00 am
- Monday to Wednesday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Shadowing
- Clinical Rotations, Patient Diagnostics, Lectures, and other Practices.
- Excursion and group meals during the excursions
- Free afternoons
- Double occupancy accommodations (same gender)
- Local transportation
- Daily breakfast
- Excursions & entrance to the archeological sites
- Comprehensive health & traveler insurance
- Tuition & onsite program supervisor
7 – 10 Days Winter Break Program 2024
Saturday, Dec 9 to 17
Wednesday, Jan 03 to Jan 09
Sunday, Jan 07 to Jan 13
Wednesday, Jan 10 to Jan 16
February – March Programs
Saturday, Feb 10 to Feb 16
Friday, March 02 to Mar 08
Spring & Summer Programs 20224
Our Program starts on a Saturday
Monday, April 8 to April 19
Monday, April 22 to May 03
Monday, May 06 to May 17
Monday, May 20 to May 31
Monday, June 03 to June 15
Monday, June 17 to June 29
Monday, June 24 to July 06
Monday, July 08 to July 19
Monday, July 22 to August 2
Monday, April 22 to May 11
Monday, May 6 to May 25
Monday, May 27 to June 14
Monday, June 17 to July 05
Monday, July 08 to June 26
Who is Eligible
Our programs are ongoing and host volunteers year-round. However, to ensure a smooth transition, volunteers should plan to arrive every Saturday.
We have a 2-week minimum and a 4-week maximum.
• Be 18 years or older
• Have no major health problems and current Yellow Fever and COVID vaccination certificates
• Have a positive and collaborative attitude
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of $500 USD to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial $500 USD deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Philotimo Med Abroad uses Bank transfer or PayPal to ensure safe payment.
To begin, please submit your application here:
Starting at $3,900
Please, send all correspondence for the fellowship, including application documents, to Mr. Cid at the email address below. firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate should apply using Philotimos Apply now on our official website.
For more details feel free to contact us at email@example.com