Per Diem In Home Assessment Provider –
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
New grads welcome
Per Diem Provider (flexible schedule/ supplemental income)
$150/ IHA + $2k performance bonus
6 IHAs Max/ Day –
25-30 IHAs/ month -work 5 days/ month
12-15 IHAs/ month
Not more than 50 miles from Batavia
Access to 401k
May be eligible for sick time (varies depending on state laws)
Position Title: IHA Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Reports To: Clinical Services Manager
Job Status: Per Diem with no guaranteed hours
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Batavia, NY
Rate: $150 per completed assessment
Performance Bonus: $2000, payable in 2 installments – $1,000 after completion of 25 Assessments within 60 days and $1,000 after completion of additional 25 Assessments within 120 days.
Position Summary: Performs an in-person no cost annual preventative health risk assessment for Medicare, Medicaid, and Affordable Care Act members of specific health plans. These assessments will take place within the members personal living space according to market health plan expectations.
Essential Requirements: To satisfy the needs of this position, the Provider must be able to meet the following essential job requirements and expectations:
- Successfully complete the self-paced and live portions of the onboarding training in the specified time allotted.
- Ability to drive up to a 50-mile radius from Batavia to complete appointments.
- Provide 12-15 or 25-30 appointment slots or more per month.
- Ensure high quality assessments are performed to meet member satisfaction, health plan expectations and Emcara Health quality standards.
- Document and submit chart notes within 24 hours of the visit taking place.
- Address charting queries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Maintain adequate communication with clinical leadership staff.
- Attend periodic training sessions and meetings pertinent to the position.
- Must be comfortable entering into personal living spaces for members scheduled.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to bend or kneel for extended periods of time if needed while performing assessments.
- Must have strong computer skills, and both knowledge and proficiency with electronic medical records.
- Advanced understanding of risk adjustment models for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Ability to document assessment findings both accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communication to members and the clinical team.
- Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality while remaining in compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following Emcara Health policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Ability to display a positive attitude and maintain a collaborative relationship with health members and the clinical team.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and address/solve member, provider, and health plan issues
Education and Experience:
- Masters or Doctorate degree from an accredited NP program or Masters degree from an accredited PA program.
- Home health experience (Preferred)
- 1 year of in-home assessment experience (Preferred)
Certification and Licensure:
- Current RN and NP or PA licensure in the present state of practice.
- Board certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), or the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current BLS certification
- Valid unencumbered state drivers license
- Valid proof of sufficient car insurance coverage for the state appointments are scheduled to be completed in.