Softheon builds software and automation solutions for health insurers and government health agencies. Help shape the future of health tech while working from home with incredible benefits that reflect our commitment to expanding access to quality insurance. Work for a fast-growing, established, and profitable company where you can power what’s next in healthcare.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to join our Front End Development Team in the challenge of maintaining and improving our current and future products. Softheon’s products are the heart of our Software-as-a-Service business and are what feed the entire scope of our software solutions. As a Software Engineer, you will work with our back-end applications which serve to allow millions of people to enroll in and obtain healthcare.
Success as a Software Engineer at Softheon requires imaginative, creative and analytical thinking, with a strong motivation for finding solutions to complex or abstract problems. The ideal Software Engineer will possess an analytical approach to inquiry and investigation, leveraging strengths in both introspection and imagination.
The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is to thoughtfully determine solutions to complex, often abstract, problems. A serious, analytic, scientific approach to inquiry and investigation is critical, requiring both introspection and imagination. Because critical thinking is the foundation of this job, it is designed to provide opportunity to develop ideas and test problem solving approaches free from unnecessary time constraints and pressure from others. The job requires introspection and management provides a supportive environment that minimizes the need to respond to immediate, daily concerns.
This role is 100% remote.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Maintain current product applications including debugging, troubleshooting, and enhancements
- Develop efficient, scalable, and reusable business-level middleware
- Oversee the entire software lifecycle of the product including testing, documentation, and deployment
- Cooperate and communicate with a team of technical and non-technical members
- Persistence, determination, patience and a systematic approach to developing resourceful solutions are necessary qualities for successful job performance
- Work is hands on, requiring a self-directed approach to continual learning and quality of effort
- This is a valued expert position, recognized by management because of the knowledge and expertise required to find ingenious, resourceful solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM related field.
- 2 years of Angular experience required.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design
- Hands-on object-oriented language development using C#, Java and/or .NET Framework/.NET Core
- Experience with version control solutions such as Git
- Understanding of testing methodologies
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to work effectively in an agile environment
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of UML
- Experience with RESTful APIs a plus
- Experience with API documentation frameworks such as Swagger a plus
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to add value to a diverse team of innovative professionals
- Rise to new challenges everyday
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities
Softheon is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We make recruitment hiring decisions based on each candidate’s experience and skills. We value your passion to make healthcare affordable, accessible, and plentiful.
As a leading software development company, Softheon offers the decision to work remotely or in-office. Softheon earned multiple placements on the Inc. 5000 in recent years due to its rapid growth. Softheon’s rich benefits offerings include unlimited PTO, 401(k) matching, and 80% of health care premiums paid.
Founded in 2000, Softheon’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Business Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) solutions solve complex challenges for health plans and government health agencies. Currently, Softheon’s solutions serve 8 State agencies and over 80 health plans.
Issuers and consumers utilizing Medicaid, Medicare, and the ACA Marketplace benefit from Softheon’s innovative technology that reduces administrative overhead and enhances user-experiences.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.