Thanks for your interest in Success Academy! Running the largest, fastest-growing, and highest-performing network of public charter schools in New York City takes a village – families, children, teachers, advocates, and supporters alike. We love to welcome you to our community! We work tirelessly every day to ensure each child in NYC has access to a fun, rigorous, whole-child education regardless of zip code or economic status. When you join SA, you play a part in giving every student who walks through the doors of one of our 49 schools in NYC a fair shot at reaching his or her potential.
Special Education Associate
Thanks for your interest in Success Academy! Running the largest, fastest-growing, and highest-performing network of public charter schools in New York City takes a village – families, children, teachers, staff and faculty, advocates and supporters alike. We would love to welcome you to our community! We work tirelessly every day to ensure each child in NYC has access to a fun, rigorous, whole-child education regardless of zip code or economic status. When you join SA, you play a part in giving every student who walks through the doors of one of our 47 schools in NYC a fair shot at reaching his or her potential.
Special Education Associates at Success Academy own the decision-making and advocacy for our students in need of special education services. This critical role is responsible for cutting through the educational bureaucracy, bringing cases forward, and securing much-needed services for our children.
In this role you will:
- Partner with your managers to support, guide strategic decisions, and radically improve our student outcomes.
- Develop a deep, holistic understanding of our school model to find trends in the data, support the creation of educational plans, and help our kids and families get the special education services they deserve.
- Provide quick, efficient support for students in the classroom
- Develop meaningful relationships with our families to drive students’ success
- Join a passionate, ambitious and highly-motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
- Using data, assessments and analysis, identify students who need academic interventions, and/or specialized services
Ideal candidates have:
- 0-3 years of experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- An outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
- A love for collaboration
- Integrity, self-awareness, grit and perseverance;
- A sense of humor
- Open and able to implement feedback quickly
- A strong work ethic
- A deep-seated belief that kids are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them and are excited to join the ed reform movement;
- An entrepreneurial spirit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.
Annual Salary: $58,500.00 – exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience.
About Success Academy:
We’re redefining what’s possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest-growing, highest-performing chart school network in New York, our network of 49 K-12 schools enrolls 20,000 students, most of them low-income children of color, and outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.