We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through mental health services, education, life skill development, workforce training, as well as other supportive services.
If you are looking for a HANDS-ON experience where you can truly make an IMPACT, join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision of reaching our community of women, girls, and at-risk youth.
A MFT intern at The Thaddeus Resource Center will strive to better the lives of people whether at the individual, family, group, or societal level. Under the supervision of an LCSW, the intern will be assisting in case management, support groups, crisis intervention, outreach services, student advocacy, workshops for local schools, and more. The position will provide the intern with modalities and methodologies that will be effective to both the client and their situation. The intern will cooperate and work towards meeting the Resource Center’s objective which is to empower, educate, counsel, and inspire families and individuals to move from a place of dependence to living independently.
This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
- Assist in development and facilitation of workshops and service programs
- Organize/schedule workshop presentations
- Act as a mandated reporter on all incidents of child abuse and neglect
- Provide timely follow-up calls and reminders for clients as necessary
- Assess and refer clients to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling
- Participate in group and individual supervision
- Interns may also co-facilitate psychoeducational, therapy, and/or support groups.
- Work closely with staff to provide a safe and supportive environment for the delivery of programs and services
- Assist Social Workers and Office Administrator with other projects as required
- Consult with staff, faculty, and parents as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Concurrent enrollment in a Master’s Degree program (MSW, MFT)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and to prepare written and electronic documents
- Ability to communicate orally, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner to students and staff
- Ability to receive and utilize constructive feedback regarding performance, presentation and relationships with others
- Ability to maintain appropriate client boundaries
- Must be comfortable working with diverse clients and children
- Ability to be both consistent and flexible as circumstances warrant
- Ability to pass the mandated reporter exam
- Intern must have the appropriate technology, internet connection and ability to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams
- The intern will receive on the job training, with exposure to different aspects of Social Work
- The intern will learn the basic modalities used when interacting with patients/clients
- The intern will gain general knowledge about case management, crisis intervention, and related outreach services
- The intern will learn the basic functions of assessing and guiding individual, parent and child needs
- Must be available to work 15-20 hours per week (with the exception that your Master’s program requires different hours)
- Must be available for the following VIRTUAL weekly meetings:
- All Staff Meeting: Mondays 12 PM – 2 PM PST
- Program Department Meeting: Tuesdays 11 AM – 1 PM PST
- Case Management Supervision Meeting: Tuesdays 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM PST
- Must be able to commit to this 1-year internship (accommodations can be made for school schedules, as well as exams)
In Person vs Hybrid vs Remote
- In Person – Minimum 2 days from 9 AM – 3 PM
- Hybrid – Minimum 1 day in person from 9 AM – 3 PM
- Remote – Zero in person days
- Receive direct supervision from the Executive Director
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Flexible scheduling to allow for changes in class/work schedule and final exams
- This is a great clinical learning opportunity
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***