Director of Housekeeping.
Responsible for maintaining Housekeeping office tasks including handling all telephone communications, preparing colleague work assignments, coordinating with the Front Desk and Engineering departments, keeping the Housekeeping Management up to date with all necessary information, generating reports and maintaining accurate logs and records, in accordance with Biltmore standards and procedures. This position requires consistent adherence to policies and procedures of the department as outlined in the Biltmore Standard Operating Procedures (BSOP’S).
• Ensure vacant and clean rooms are available to the Front Office by coordinating with appropriate Housekeeping team members.
• Prepare AM and PM assignments, as applicable, for Supervisors, Room Attendants, Turndown Attendants, and Housepersons based on occupancy reports, and assign the boards.
• Highlight Vacant Dirty rooms, Long Stays, VIP’s, Rooms with glitches and preferences on the assignment boards.
• Follow up with the supervisors on any rooms that are pending and need to be inspected.
• Ensure all VIP/Special attention guest services have been completed.
• Reconcile assignments at end of day to generate reports.
• Issue and secure pagers and radios.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls, respond to guest and team member inquiries and assign appropriate service in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
• Monitor the HotSOS, and Megasys systems, take appropriate actions, and inform the Housekeeping management.
• Follow up on emails, taking the necessary actions and informing the Housekeeping management.
• Log and record all service requests, assigning the work, closing all requests and generating associated reports.
• Recognize and communicate with Director of Housekeeping, Assistant Director of Housekeeping or MOD any unusual situations.
• Maintain pass-on log.
• Perform additional general office duties including processing paperwork, filling, conducting inventory of radios and pagers.
• Carry out other duties as requested by the Assistant Director of Housekeeping or Director of Housekeeping.
Experience and Education Required
High School Diploma is required.
Minimum one year experience is a housekeeping coordinator preferred.
• Must be able to:
o Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
o Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
o Provide legible communication and directions.
o Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
o Prioritize and organize.
o Think clearly, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
o Follow directions thoroughly.
o Understand guest’s service needs.
o Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
o Work with minimal supervision.
o Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
o Use a computer keyboard and possess basic typing skills.
o Possess moderate to advanced computer skills.
o Work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
o Adept to multitasking.
• Must be able to:
o Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
o Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
o Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
o Use, carry, and operate all necessary office equipment using finger dexterity.
o Communicate with employees, managers, subordinates and guests through verbal communication, hearing ability, and visual acuity.
o Visually look at a computer for extended periods of time.
o Adapt to moderate temperatures in the hotel as thermostat is controlled by hotel environmental systems. Most work tasks are performed indoors.
• Team Player
o Demonstrates co-operation within the team and with other departments
o Listens carefully and works well with others
o Has a positive influence on others in the team and clearly enjoys working with people
Success Criteria (Continued)
• Guest Focused
o Anticipates guests’ needs and is sensitive to people from all cultures
o Has a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach
o Demonstrates confident, helpful and genuine behavior with internal and external guests
• Delivers their Best
o Has energy and sense of urgency for his/her work
o Resourceful, makes things happen and looks for ways to work more efficiently
o Always looks their best and acts appropriately (e.g. approaching guests, body language, and eye contact)
o Able to stay calm under pressure
o Demonstrates maturity and ability to cope with the unexpected
o Never lets personal feelings interfere with delivering the highest standards
• Trustworthy and responsible
o Excellent records of attendance and punctuality
o Is reliable and demonstrates the ability to work without supervision
o Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, honesty and trust
• Time Management
o Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time, concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities. Makes decisions in a timely manner.
o Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
Licenses or Certifications
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
Standard Specifications (Continued)
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow The Biltmore Hotel policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Biltmore Hotel standards.