The Engineer-intern is responsible for daily construction, coordination and administration activities that may include submittal and logging of shop drawings, coding labor and equipment, and entering work quantities.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety first, in everything we do.
- Assist the Project Manager, Project Engineer, and Superintendent as required.
- Receive, log, and file project correspondence and shop drawings.
- Accumulate daily project quantities of work and record in project control document.
- Assist with material deliveries, assist or take the lead in coding materials, labor and equipment.
- Interface with vendors and subcontractors in regards to scheduling activities, billing, and back charges.
- Compile routine correspondence as requested by the Project Manager.
- Review and code delivery slips and purchase orders as needed.
- Assist Project Manager/Project Engineer with all aspects of Cost Management for the project.
- Ongoing career towards B.S. in Civil Engineering or construction related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office.
- Self-motivated and able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Above average organizational skills.