We are looking for our next part-time, live-in House Director at Simpson College, and you do not need to be a member of Tri Delta to apply! Our lovely chapter house is located in Indianola, Iowa, and the House Director role is a part-time position eligible for the following benefits: retirement plan.
Our House Directors help make our chapter facilities feel like home and take pride in providing welcoming, inclusive, and secure spaces. The individual in this role enjoys creating and maintaining interpersonal relationships with our chapter members, thrives in administrative and facility responsibilities, and can think critically and cross-collaborate on various projects and tasks. We invite all individuals to apply for this role, as our House Directors come from all walks of life and various lived experiences. If you are passionate about working with collegiate women and enjoy being a part of the Sorority/Fraternity experience – then this role is for you!
- 30 residents
- 40 chapter members
- Meal plan provided during the school year
- Supervision of 2 employees
- Live in and reside overnight at the Tri Delta chapter house.
- Follow all Tri Delta and chapter policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Manage the daily operations of the house and provide weekly reports to supervisor, chapter leadership and volunteers.
- Report violations of chapter houserules and policies to chapter officers and advisors. The house director is not expected nor permitted to discipline chapter members.
- Offer logistical support for chapter priorities, programs, and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- Respond in a timely manner to all maintenance requests.
- Properly maintain the chapter houseover time. Recommend capital improvements as needed throughout the year.
- Prepare the chapter housefor opening and closing, to include coordination of move-in and move-out and scheduling cleaning and routine maintenance.
- Follow expense approval and reporting processes. Reconcile and report all expenditures.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise chapter houseemployees and ensure the accuracy of employees’ payroll.
- Oversee the operation of dining services, including menu preparation, purchasing, and special events.
- In collaboration with the chapter and advisors, establish kitchen and dining operations policies and procedures.
- Attend Tri Delta’s Annual House Director Conference and actively attend and participate in Tri Delta staff meetings and trainings throughout the year.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with staff supervision and property management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, web-based applications, and general computer skills.
- Ability to speak and read English
- Meet specified physical requirements of lifting no more than 35 lbs, standing, walking and climbing stairs multiple times daily.
- Ability to use proper discretion and independent judgment in carrying out the primary roles and responsibilities of the position.
- May work extended hours and / or non-traditional hours (i.e. able to respond to emergencies 24/7)
- NOTE: As part of our hiring process, Tri Delta may require successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and fitness for duty examination.
Tri Delta’s employees are called to kindness, appreciate each other’s unique abilities and value diverse perspectives. We welcome candidates with a wide range of experiences, identities and viewpoints. At Tri Delta, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate and support the diverse backgrounds and skills of our employees and believe that they make us stronger. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.