Professional Registered Nurse (Per Diem) NCCU – 12319
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employment Type: Per Diem
- Shift: Rotating
- Work Address: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Nursing
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
The Professional Registered Nurse (RN) possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary for the delivery and management of patient care from admission through discharge.
- The professional registered nurse is knowledgeable of current trends in healthcare including but not limited to advances in technology, pharmacology, treatment care modalities, quality and patient safety.
- The professional registered nurse serves as a patient and family advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative environment among all health care providers.
- The professional registered nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of patient/family centered care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice embedded in research, evidence based practice and/or best practices.
- The professional registered nurse provides clinical excellence, which fosters and supports an environment central to our patient and family centered model of care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Current MA Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS Certification required.
- Varies according to unit requirements and needs.
- Ability to provide care for a designated group of patients according to unit guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- Please note: Scheduling may consist of both 8 and 12 hour shifts
- The home unit for this position is the NCCU, the position is clustered with the MICU. You may be scheduled to work on the unit you are clustered to off of your home unit.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.