- Football Nutrition Intern/Volunteer
- The student intern will assist the Director of Football Performance Nutrition, Assistant Director of Football Performance Nutrition, and Football Nutrition Assistant (Fellow) with all football related tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Manage daily tasks such as stocking refrigerators and coolers, stocking snack station, and making nutrition shakes
- Oversee product and inventory management (receiving, deliveries, storage room organization, fueling station maintenance, and quality/food safety standards)
- Assist in player education initiatives, development of resources, and social media outreach to serve the student-athlete population as a consistent and credible source of nutrition education and information.
- Collaborate and communicate with nutrition staff, players, and administration
- Stay up to date on recent research of various nutritional products, practices and supplements
- Assist with pre and post meals as well as recovery
- Assist in player data collection and analysis (hydration, weights, body composition, intake, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on tasks, yet understand the collaborative and dynamic work setting of sports nutrition in collegiate athletics
- Individuals that are passionate about nutrition, who are interested in gaining knowledge in sports nutrition
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Good at problem solving and action planning, time management, punctuality, organization, dependability, attention to detail, observant, creative, professional
- Computing- proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, Canva
- Understanding of HIPPA and professional codes of conduct
- Ability to work unconventional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 40 pounds)
Primary Location: Hecht Athletic Center, Coral Gables, FL 33146
Timeframe: Start date is flexible for training/orientation: Approximately May 16th
Part time and/or full time interns needed/wanted
- Team issued apparel
- 2-3 meals/day provided depending on season.
The internship will run from May 2022 through May 2023 (flexible start date).
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
email Meaghan Turcotte at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume
This is an unpaid professional internship opportunity intended for highly-motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable experience in the sports dietetics profession. As a valuable sports nutrition team member, the professional intern will help execute day to day operations within the football program, and assist the nutrition team based on assigned tasks. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to break into the sports nutrition field.
It is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. The University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, citizenship status, or other protected classification. This prohibition includes harassment based upon any of the aforementioned protected classifications, including sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.
The University also prohibits retaliation against anyone who files a complaint of discrimination; anyone against whom such a complaint is filed; or anyone who participates in an investigation of such a complaint.