INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Manager
Peter Drucker once said, “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” When was the last time you had a chance to do both?
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages. Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
What Might you Do?
As a supported* Manager at our linguistics center in Papua New Guinea, you will provide critical leadership and direction to vital departments that empower Bible translation. Without these managerial support roles, Bible translation becomes increasingly difficult and can even grind to a halt!
We are looking for managers, assistant managers, and section heads who might serve in the following departments: Finance, Auto Shop, Construction and Maintenance, Guesthouse, Human Resources, Store, Shipping and Logistics, Regional Centers, Information Technology, or the Clinic. While we try to place managers in the department they are most familiar with, sometimes we will need you to serve in a different department.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You enjoy working with people. You desire your personnel to be successful.
- You know how to allocate resources, develop budgets, and create procedures.
- You understand and value the complexity of multicultural teams. You are sensitive and respectful of the potential challenges and benefits.
- You are flexible. You desire to serve where the need is!
- You are an outstanding communicator in both verbal and written English.
- You have not just survived but thrived for at least three years in a supervisory or management role.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Non-traditional salaries are needs-based determined by factors of housing and personal expenses based on geographic location, including dependents and their ages, retirement savings, ministry expenses and taxes. Although salaries vary significantly and it’s not possible to provide an exact number for this position, a typical non-traditional salary for a missionary household is $42,600 to $80,982 annually. These salaries do not include your partnership-raised funds for health insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, or Wycliffe assessment.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com or visit https://www.wycliffe.org/serve/explore-serving